Thursday 22 March 2007

Does Yahoo search advertising work?

Well, I'll have some idea of the answer over the next few weeks, having set up an advert for one of my affiliate programs. Not much risk for me, as I took advantage of the $50 free advertising offered by Yahoo to new account holders. Even so, I'm not going to be extravagant - I will take the opportunity to attempt to move from a position of ignorance to a useful level of experience.

Currently I have the max price per click set as low as possible (10c), but I think this will probably have to be raised to get any ads appearing at all. How much experience can I squeeze out of $50 of Yahoo's money and $5 of mine. An encouraging thing is that one sale will net me >300% return. Won't be so easy when I'm not getting my investment multiplied by 11.

No comments: